Friday, January 05, 2007

Will you Migrate?

I read an article today in TOI and was thinking all way through the office about it. The article was about people who migrate from India to foreign shores for different reasons (mainly better career prospects). There has been a change of trend in the last couple of years where number of migrants has reduced drastically and also people who migrated are coming back.

I know couple people who have migrated recently for better jobs (or so they think!!) Other day, one of my friend asked me if I would be interested in an offshore job, the answer was a firm NO.

If it would have been some years back, probably I would have given a different answer but now, I think I have better prospects here than anywhere else. Some time back also I had couple of opportunities for offshore jobs but they were not lucrative enough and some did not materialized.

Right now, I am happy and better off in my country!!!

2 Comments:

At 1:28 PM , Blogger Shubho said...

You are correct in the jobs aspect.
But I know and feel many people are migrating just for a better standard of living.
I have heard of many people who have even changed their career lines just to be live in peace. Who wants regular electricity cuts, water shortages, bad roads, rampant corruption, to name a few ills, which are almost non-existent in developed countries? Its not a surprise that people here are still queuing up at the doors of embassies.
And its going to get worse.

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger Abhishek Kapoor said...

I agree with u to an extent that the facilities are better. But right now, India is where the action is in job aspect. People are coming back for good.

For me, I would rather be a first grade citizen in India than be a second grade in anywhere else in the world!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home