Friday, December 19, 2008

What's happening? Recession, job cuts, pay cuts...

It's been quite some time since I wrote about what's happening on my professional front, what is it I am doing and am I going the way where I intended to? Well, come to think of it, it's more of a philosophical question than a straight objective one. Don't agree with me, well...that's what I think.
Anyways, these days I am working on creating a major chunk of online training for one of the global electronics major (can't disclose details for obvious reasons). We are creating web based trainings for them, been a very tiring project so far largely due to lack of clarity on what they want. It's very difficult to manage a client who is not even sure about the basic requirements. Another is quite an interesting project, we are developing a small mobile app which will used in the EMEA region of our organisation. Am really missing my flash development days!!!
Been hearing a lots about recession, job cuts, pay cuts. Touch wood, but nothing much has drilled down here in the IT industry in India. Of course there have been cuts, but those are more of waste cut than the cost/job cuts. I agree with Abdul when he said the more you talk about it, more you get worried about and more you get distracted from your work in hand. I am pretty clear on this one, we will think about crossing the river when we reach it :) 
I am sure prople here have different views, tell me yours for sure!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:05 PM , Blogger Raymond said...

There are still high paying jobs on certain job sites -

www.linkedin.com (professional networking)
www.careerbuilder.com (keyword job search)
www.realmatch.com (matches jobs based on skills)

good luck to those looking.

 
At 8:53 PM , Blogger Abhishek Kapoor said...

Thanks, Ray :)

As Ray said, Best of luck for those looking :)

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Sammy Chanda said...

Some people get to do all the interesting projects and some get all the challenges and fights.

The Mobile Apps thing seems quite interesting to me. Can't you get me some of these interesting ones for a change?
It has been ages since I did something different and I am tired of fighting with my own people at my end.

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Sammy Chanda said...

Some people get to do all the interesting projects and some get all the challenges and fights.

The Mobile Apps thing seems quite interesting to me. Can't you get me some of these interesting ones for a change?
It has been ages since I did something different and I am tired of fighting with my own people at my end.

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Abhishek Kapoor said...

Sammy, u opened ur month a little too early!! Guess what...am out of that project myself :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home