Thursday, February 26, 2009

20 Days old, another 2 months to go!

It's been 20 days since I landed here in Philadelphia and may I say that the going is getting tougher. Not so much professionally cause I am learning new "Tricks of the trade", but because I am really missing home. Not that I have not stayed away before, I was in Hyderabad for about 1 year with GE and then almost 3 years in B'lore (2 years Infosys and 1 year IBM). But that was different, Hyderabad I was a bachelor and Bangalore I was with my wife and kid. I have not stayed away from them for more than a week in the last 3 years, so that's the thing killing me.

Also, we came back from B'lore in Aug'08, been almost 1.5 years. In this time I was comfortable (or rather too comfortable!!) at home. IBM spoilt me by giving this "Work from Home" option so luckily I didn't have to go to office more than twice a week (actually a devil in disguise). I can spend more time home and thus more time with my kid, which of course I rejoice so much. I have avoided coming alone to the US for sometime now, but this recession took it's toll on me.

Anyways, not much I can do except for cribbing. Trying hard for my wife and kid to make a short visit to the US, with crossed fingers. That will be awesome, atleast I will have someone to go home (or hotel) to! Help me God!!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM , Blogger Harish Suri said...

I hear you Abhishek...reminds me of the time when I was shuttling between India and the US for a year.

Yea...Amrika has its khata-meeta experiences.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home